Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lawyers

I have family members that are lawyers and I have a few friends who are also lawyers so I have no real issue with them. In my job I have to appear in court from time to time as a witness in theft cases and the lawyer I deal with is a pretty cool guy. Everybody needs to be able to provide for their family if being a lawyer is the way you do that than good on you. Somebody has to protect the people who have been wronged or those who don’t have the ability to protect themselves like children. The problem that I do have with lawyers is when they take advantage of people because they are lawyers. When a lawyer takes on a case that deals with some money settlement between two individual and they push their client to go for a big settlement whether it’s necessary or not just because they will get a big pay check for it, that’s where I have a problem. The other family may not be able to pay the settlement but the lawyer doesn’t care because he got a new car out of the deal.

1 comment:

  1. I found your take very interesting. People don't realize that we need lawyers and they are a very important part of society. They maybe portrayed as dishonest and slightly scummy sometimes, but it is important to have people to represent our cases when we need them!

    ReplyDelete