Saturday, January 31, 2009

Video Game Lawsuit

The lawsuit over Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is nothing new in this country. People are always shocked about what they see when they now it’s there. When you buy this game you know that there is going to be scenes of graphic nature in it there always has been in these games. The lady that bought it for her underage grandson should not be shocked, it has an “M” rating on it and it says on the cover what is in the game.
The game developers should not be responsible for people going online and getting codes for their game. They did provide the codes but they did not force people to buy the code and use it so whoever uses the code knowingly void the rating provided on the game and breaking the contract. I that Take Two did more than they had to buy offering to buy back the game from all those who found it offensive.
This brings up another issue of this nations sensitivity toward violence. The grandma bought the game for her 13 year old grandson knowing it had violence and graphic scenes but that didn’t bother her, the think that did was the sexual content. When I was younger it was rare to find games that you would shoot people in but know if it’s not a sport game there is lots of violence in it. For instance I bought a golf game the other day that you can beat the crap out of your caddy if you want know I knew that you could do this before I bought the game so I’m not saying that I am completely against all violence in game I just want to get everybody thinking about what road we are on.

No comments:

Post a Comment