Thursday, March 26, 2009

My own argument

I agree with the Supreme Courts ruling to dismiss the case more than just because of the technicality. I believe that a child over the age of 5 can make some decision on there own. In this case Newdow was making the decision of weather or mot his daughter was harmed by listening to or reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I know that most people would call me crazy and said children have little idea of right and wrong but when it comes to curtain things children have just as much idea as and adult like in this case religion.
I don’t agree with the 9th circuit courts ruling that the phrase “Under God” out of the pledge. When this country was founded it was founded on the bases of religion so having that stated in the Pledge of Allegiance. Children have the freedom to choose weather or not to recite the pledge at the beginning of the day. I believe that something like saying the Pledge of Allegiance is good it instills a sense of pride and nationality in a person. You don’t have to agree with everything a country believes to want to protect it. When I joined the military I didn’t agree with everything that the country was doing at the time but I wanted to protect the things I did agree with. Bad mouthing the beliefs of the founding fathers or our government I believe is an act of treason. If Newdow believed that the phrase “Under God” really hurt his daughter and took away his right to teacher his beliefs to her than he had better not take her near any churches or he better sue the churches also for displaying their beliefs for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment